Started by Chania, mum to Billy and Zia, and avid traveller, The SAFARI Company is all about tailoring your African experience to suit your family.
We have put in the miles to find some of Africa’s best off-the-beaten-track destinations, and we pride ourselves on an intimate knowledge of how each safari in our portfolio matches the needs of different families. We don’t just book holidays; we craft an adventure that will give you a lifetime of memories.
Sustainable is our middle name, and when we visit camps and lodges, we take the time to understand what they do to support both the environment and the community. We believe in being a business for good, and ensuring your safari in Africa has a positive impact.
Whether it’s wanting to see your family gasp with joy at the sight of a stotting gazelle, or take part in a jumping contest with the local Maasai; perhaps it’s something as simple as staying on a bush farm where your kids can collect eggs in the morning, or getting a gaggle of teenagers more interested in the gait of a camel than the latest post on social media, we’ve got you covered.
What our Clients Say
Our Top Destinations
Our Top Adventures
WALK WITH THE LOCALS
We are in love with local community-run initiatives like Karisia Walking & Camel Safaris. These unique excursions offer a new and adventurous approach to the family holiday and promise magical experiences for guests young and old.
… AND BREATHE
RELAXING ON SAFARI
We specialize in curating the most luxurious safaris in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Southern Africa, and we would love to let you in on the secret hidden gems that are far from the typical tourist trail. Our ultra-luxury safari itineraries are indulgent and elegant adventures which suit couples or multi-generational families on a bigger budget.
SEA, SUN & SAND
BEACH FUN IN TANZANIA
Tanzania’s private Mnemba Island offers families, groups of friends or honeymooners exquisite memories that will last a lifetime. Snorkel, explore, relax under sail or learn to kite surf on this magical coastline.
Founder, Mum of two and always on the go! A lover of off-the-beaten track and finding hidden gems for families.
Sherrie & Anne
Heading the UK office, Sherrie (and Anne) are totally in tune with the expectations of the international markets and the most demanding clientele, and are always at the end of the phone for advice and a friendly chat.
Nothing is too much for Cynthia, she’s friendly, fun & enormously efficient! For her, there is nothing better than stepping out of the airplane to a great Kenyan smile and then going on safari in gorgeous places alongside amazing people.
Safaris for your family, designed by our family ... Fun, Personalized, Off-the-beaten-track & Sustainable African travel 🐘⛺️🌴🏔
- A comprehensive list of where to get a bite to eat in Nairobi, whether you are just passing through the airport or feeling hungry whilst exploring Nairobi.
- Exciting, educational & enthralling activities for you and your kids to enjoy, together, in Nairobi
- An Incredible Memorable Multi-Generational Few Days on Safari in Kenya’s Masai Mara – I left with sore cheeks from so, so much laughing The great wildebeest migration in Kenya takes place every year from around July to October when thousands upon thousands of wildebeest, zebra and other beautiful and graceful plains game migrate from the Serengeti in Tanzania to the Masai Mara in […]
- My children, at 9 & 10, have been fortunate enough to have been on over 60 Safaris in their lives … and this is what we wouldn’t safari without … Clothes & Accessories … let’s start from the top, working down: Safari Stuff: Entertainment Travel games for the car or when you have time out […]
- What does a typical day and night on a Kenyan Safari look like? Kenya is a magical land full of impossibly clear, galaxy-studded night skies and endless blue skies during the day, filled with never-ending vistas and teaming with a plethora of wildlife. This breathtaking landscape allows you even more time to spend with the […]