Kitich Forest Camp is nestled deep in the Mathews Mountain Range in a part of East Africa like no other.
With just six ensuite classic safari tents nestled in a grove of fig trees, indigenous flowering shrubs and prehistoric cycad palms, this camp is just the place to really get away from it all.
Hidden along an exquisite forest glade on the upper slopes of the Mathews Mountains, this is a unique experience – walking under the huge trees, and swimming in cool, clear mountain streams. Home to forest elephants, leopard, buffalo, lions, greater kudu, giant forest hogs, wild dogs, bush-buck can be found in the lush forests and endemic giant cycads dot the landscape.
Described as a ‘biological bonanza’ by the BBC, experienced Samburu warriors guide you along the thick forests and river glades which are host to over 200 bird species, including the rare Montane Broadring White-eye, over 300 species of butterflies, the rare De Brazza’s monkey, and the rare Colobus Guereza.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
- Two nights' accommodation in a luxury cottage (double or twin beds)
- All meals
- Soft drinks, water, house-wines. non luxury spirits
- Guided bush walks, picnics and sundowners
- Entry fees for Kenyan citizens and residents
- Return transfers from Kalama airstrip
- Entry fees for non - Kenyan citizens and residents
- Air or road transfers to the property
- Any gratuities or shop items
Low seasons, 2020